Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two Weeks

So, we've got two weeks before we head off on our trip. Yeah. Two weeks, twooooo weeks. Besides trying to solidify a trip itinerary, fixing up our bikes, finding the money needed to fix up our bikes and preparing to leave the country for 3 months, we are all on schedule.

I thought about making a paper chain date counter, the type your grade four teacher had you make to count down the last month of school before summer, but then I realized it would stress me out too much. Instead I wrote at the top of my calendar- "everything will be OK, maybe not great, but definitely OK." That was a week ago. Now I've hidden my calendar from view under a pile of denial and moving boxes.

I cannot wait to be on my bike with nothing else but my four panniers of life and my three Birds riding in formation around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment